What is the Employee Assistance Program?
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a health care service designed to help people deal with stress and concerns which detract from the quality of life at home and work. An EAP is also a statement which defines an employer’s commitment to the overall health and well-being of the most important asset within their organization…people. An EAP reflects a culture of genuine care and concern that completes the circle of support provided by the organization’s other health care programs. Implementation of an EAP is a company’s authentic encouragement for its individuals to use a specialized health care, in a voluntary, confidential program designed specifically for the employee and their family.
TrueNorth Wellness Services is committed to promoting and ensuring a healthy and stable workforce environment. We customized each program to meet the specific needs of the organization in order to ensure the highest quality outcomes.
What Problems Are Addressed by the EAP?
- Marriage and family issues
- Stress-related anxiety/depression
- Alcohol and/or substance abuse
- Job stress
- Critical incident stress management (on-site, if needed)
- Legal and financial issues
- Changing life stages
The following workplace workshops are also available:
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Conflict resolution
- Harassment prevention
- Violence prevention
- Diversity training
*Specific workshops can be created and customized to meet your individual workplace needs.
What Are Some Features of the Employee Assistance Program?
Our EAP offers professional and objective services to all employees (as well as their family members), in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton and York counties with 24-hour, 7 days a week telephone access. Confidentiality is assured.
Appointments are set within 72 hours of a phone call to our Intake Department.
Other features include:
- Orientation to “How to maximize your EAP”
- Telephone consultation for managers with the EAP provider
- Supervisory training to use EAP as a management tool
- Quarterly usage reports
- Return to work consultations
- Networking to other services both internal and external to TrueNorth Wellness Services
For specific information regarding our Employee Assistance Program or to make an appointment, please call (717) 632-4900 ext. 1014 to speak with Claire Hornberger.