What is the Employee Assistance Program?
We determine the root cause of the crisis and offer solutions-focused interventions to promote independence, personal growth and collaborative decision-making that are intended to assist the individual to return to a pre-crisis state.
Our crisis support services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, on-site, in the community or in-home to anyone in Gettysburg, Hanover, McConnellsburg, Shrewsbury and York. TrueNorth Crisis Intervention Services are accredited by The American Association of Suicidology (Adams and York counties) and licensed by the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. Our crisis workers are trained in the evidenced-based model of Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training. We also serve as the regional call center for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
What Problems Are Addressed by the EAP?
• Marriage and family issues
• Stress-related anxiety/depression
• Alcohol and/or substance abuse
• Job stress
• Critical incident stress management (on-site, if needed)
• Legal and financial issues
• Changing life stages
The following workplace workshops are also available:
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Conflict resolution
- Harassment prevention
- Violence prevention
- Diversity training
*Specific workshops can be created and customized to meet your individual workplace needs.
What Are Some Features of the Employee Assistance Program?
Our EAP offers professional and objective services to all employees (as well as their family members), in Hanover, York, Shrewsbury, Gettysburg, Harrisburg and McConnellsburg with 24-hour, 7 days a week telephone access. Confidentiality is assured.
Appointments are set within 72 hours of a phone call to our Intake Department.
Other features include:
• Orientation on “How to maximize your EAP”
• Telephone consultation for managers with the EAP provider
• Supervisory training to use EAP as a management tool
• Quarterly usage reports
• Return to work consultations
• Networking to other services both internal and external to TrueNorth Wellness Services
For specific information regarding our Employee Assistance Program or to make an appointment, please call (717) 632-4900 ext. 1014 to speak with Claire Hornberger.