The Amazing Kids Club focuses on social relationships. Less intense than one-on-one strategies, the Club is designed as either a stand-alone program or a supplement to other more intense forms of treatment for kids suffering from development disorders normally associated with the Autism Spectrum and other disabilities.
Children who are challenged in the following areas would likely benefit from this program:
- Maintaining attention and concentration
- Rigid behaviors/inflexibility
- Planning and prioritizing
- Applying past experience to future decisions
- Creative problem solving
- Trying to postpone immediate needs
- Predicting others’ behaviors
- Lack of empathy
- Following multi-step directions
- Generalizing skills and knowledge
- Appropriate conflict resolution
- Pragmatic language
- Explaining their own behavior
- Making and keeping friends
- Other perception problems
The program’s success is based on the support and promotion of each child’s strengths. TrueNorth Wellness Services’ highly trained Master’s Level Clinicians will provide assessments, family interviews, treatment history reviews, and observation to identify and highlight those strengths and any areas of need.
The Amazing Kids Club is made up of four sessions designed to meet the changing needs of children ages 2 to 18 years and incorporates Behavioral and Relationship Therapy as well as Art, Music, Drama, and Dance Therapy.
Sessions from 8:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. and 12 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
After School Program
4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Runs 11 weeks from 8:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
To learn more about the Amazing Kids Club, please contact the Family Liaison at (717) 632-4900, ext. 1502.