Psychiatry services are medical services focused on diagnosing and treating mental health needs. TrueNorth’s team of psychiatrists and advance practice professionals (nurse practitioners and physician assistants) offers evaluation, diagnosis, and medication to help you manage your behavioral health symptoms. Though telehealth visits are an occasional option for some people, attending your appointment in an office on a regular basis is required so that we can ensure the best quality care. Our team will work closely with you to determine what interventions or medications will best address your mental health needs.
- Because medications and substances can sometimes impact each other or your health in a negative way, it is important to be clear with your provider about all of the substances and medications you are using.
- If you and your provider decide that a controlled substance is an appropriate course of treatment, please be aware that we will ask you to sign and follow an agreement that outlines expectations for prescriptions, refills, and appointments.
- TrueNorth does not consider it best practice to prescribe controlled substance medication to patients who are using marijuana, so your provider may explore other treatment options with you.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry is offered in Hanover, Harrisburg, McConnellsburg and York.
- Adult Psychiatry is offered in Gettysburg, Hanover, Harrisburg, McConnellsburg, Shrewsbury and York.
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Medication can be a powerful tool in the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder. With psychiatrists specializing in treating addictions, we can help you on your path to recovery with evaluation, diagnosis, and medication management tailored to your specific needs. To ensure safe and effective care, we do not provide this service through telehealth.